The Makayama movie mount is an awesome new tool that helps filmmakers tap into the vast potential of the iPad 2 camera. Michael Nease at Hand Held Hollywood writes:
Any filmmaker who owns an iPad 2 has, like myself, probably wanted to use that built in 720p camera more than they have. But the biggest problem with the thing is that it’s incredibly awkward to use. Unlike shooting video with the iPhone 4, the iPad 2 requires use of both hands, doesn’t respond well in low light, and has sub-par audio recording at best. Well, things are about to change.
The mount adds 10 new features to your iPad:
- Attach a tripod for stable shots, pan & tilt camera movements. Standard screwfitting.
- Use 37 mm conversion lenses, such as wide angle and zoom*. Such as: US / EU
- Slide on-the-fly between the built-in lens and the conversion lens.
- Use shotgun microphones for better sound (requires splitter cable). Such as: US / EU
- Use an optical viewfinder to shoot in bright sunlight. Such as: US / EU
- Use a video light for better performance in low light. Such as: US / EU
- Easier iMovie editing, with a 9 degrees working angle.
- The mount allows your iPad to stand upright and be used as monitor.
- The free Movie Mount iPad app allows you to manually control video recording
- Fully compatible with Smart Cover.